MUSICA BRITANNICA RESEARCH AWARD 2018
The trustees invite applications for the Musica Britannica Research Award for 2018.
- Awards will be made by the trustees on the recommendation of the Editorial Committee of Musica Britannica.
- An individual award may be for any amount not normally exceeding £1000.
- The trustees reserve the right to make, in any one year, more than one award or none at all.
- Applicants must be full-time or part-time students at a university or equivalent institution of higher education, registered for a higher degree by research. Preference will normally be given to those working for a doctorate.
- The applicant’s programme of study must be wholly or mainly concerned with British music.
- There is no age limit.
- Awards may be made for any necessary research expenditure for which the applicant has no alternative source of funding, such as the purchase of books, music, or microfilms, or essential travel. They are not available for computer equipment, ordinary maintenance, course fees, or conference expenses.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate that they have researched the most economical costs for which they seek funding and to present a clear breakdown of those costs.
- Awards will not be made retrospectively for expenditure already incurred.
- Application for an award must be made on the form available for download below. The application form may, alternatively, be requested from the Secretary.
- The applicant’s director of graduate studies or supervisor should be asked by the applicant to provide a confidential reference (to be sent separately) giving a brief appraisal of the candidate, of the costings, and of the merit of the application.
- Application forms and references must be sent to the Secretary at the address given below no later than Friday 30 March 2018. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials, including references, are submitted by the closing date. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.